Friday, June 5, 2009

She's Here!!

On May 30, 2009 at 3:35 in the morning, I officially became a mother! Lyla Jane surprised everyone (myself mostly) by coming a few days before her due date! She weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces and was 21 inches long. The labor and delivery was long and exhausting for both Jay and myself. The doctor finally had to use a vacuum to help guide her out because she was facing the wrong direction (OP, if anyone cares). All in all, we went about 48 hours on roughly 5 hours of sleep. We have had a whirlwind of family and visitors over the last few days, but we are finally starting to be able to enjoy her by ourselves. I am a little too tired at the moment to wax poetic about the joys of parenthood, but I must say that it feels like falling in love for the first time. Jay and I are completely infatuated with every little thing she does, her movements, her facial expressions, her sounds. We can hardly tear ourselves away from her. We have been truly, truly blessed that she is completely healthy and whole. She is our beautiful, sweet little girl.

Most importantly, here are a few pictures from the last week...








2 Comments:

At 6/08/2009 12:39 PM , Blogger S said...

Mary! I wish I could be there right now! I'll keep up with your blog all summer and try to skype you, Jay, and Lyla soon!

 
At 6/12/2009 8:49 AM , Blogger BandBbaby said...

Mary found your blog through Ashley! Congrats of Lyla!! She's beautiful and I cannot wait to see Amanda's pictures of her. Take care and try to enjoy these sleepless days and nights...they will be gone in a flash. Trust me you will actually long for them in the future!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home