Monday, July 20, 2009

We've had a busy past few weeks. Of course, we celebrated the Fourth of July with family and friends. Our good friends the Callahans brought over their clan of triplets the Friday before the 4th for a cookout. With all of the kids there, it slightly resembled a circus more than a cookout, but we all had a good time. :) It was the first time that our kiddos got to meet each other. They'll all grow up to be good buds, I'm sure!

The next day turned out to be dreary, rainy, and cold, of all things. We attempted to watch the fireworks downtown at Jay's brother's condo with the skyline view, but they got rained out and rescheduled for Sunday evening. My brother Tommy bought a little T-shirt for Lyla--he was so proud! More importantly, he brought a pair of chucks that have been around the family since he was a little one. I couldn't resist dressing her up in the duds, since they were so appropriate to the day.

What a little patriot! In retrospect, I probably should have put a bow on her head to make it a little more obvious that she's a girl...Oh well. Hindsight. :)


The next day, Lyla and I went to a bridal shower in Zionsville for my cousin's fiancee. We went to Eagle church with Mom before, and she got to meet much of the rest of the Langebartels side of the family. I think we may have gotten a little preview into her relationship with her cousins Eli and Bram. Both of them ganged up on her to get her pacifier away! If they are anything like their fathers were, she'll have to learn how to hold her own with them, for sure! :)

By the end of the weekend, she was a wreck, thanks to all of the activities. It took a couple of days to get her back to normal.

The highlight of the next week was a day trip to King's Island that Jay and I took with Bryan and Ashley. The guys played hookie from work, and we left the kiddos with our respective mothers. It was the first time I had left Lyla for longer than a few hours, and it took a while for me to get out the door. I didn't think I would have such a hard time leaving her, but it was pretty rough. She did really well with Nana, though, and it was nice to be able to get out of the house!

This past weekend our college friends, Jon and Michaela, drove up to Indy to see us with their crew. The last time we got together, she and I were both expecting, so it was fun to see the kiddos together. I took a picture of the two of us with our big bellies, but I won't post that since it was pretty rough. Instead, here's a pic of the two cuties together.




































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home