So I guess that September slipped right by without me noticing, too. This past month has been a lot less eventful than August; we have really been focused on trying to get into some sort of routine now that I have gone back to work. We are getting there. I am not a very routined person, so it has been as much of a chore for me as it has been for Lyla.
Lyla continues to just amaze us. (We are pretty easily amused, though!) This month she started to roll over and is really babbling to us. Everything that comes into her hands goes right into her mouth. When there is nothing in her hands, she goes for her fingers. She is also fascinated by our beagle Riley. It's probably an understatement to say that Riley does not return the affection.
In the picture below, you might be able to tell that Lyla has a bump over her right eye. We have had the pediatrician check it out, and she sent us to a pediatric dermatologist. The dermatologist decided that it looks like a hemangioma underneath the skin. Normally, these grow until babies are about 9 months and then slowly recede. The doctor is concerned that it may be putting pressure on her eyeball, so she is sending us to a pediatric opthamologist at Riley and second pediatric dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. We have our appointments in the next week or so to find out if it needs to be treated.

This past month, we have really started to see her personality develop. Apparently, she is fairly strong-willed and opinionated. (I have no idea how a child of mine might have those personality traits.) She is a bit of a Momma's girl, which means that she's generally pretty happy with me. My mom and Jay have had a little more trouble with her. Since she still is not taking the bottle well, Jay and I decided to have him give her one every night. Our biggest clashes come at bedtime when it is time for her to take the bottle. I have had to be really careful at night about letting her see me. If I am anywhere near her when he starts the nighttime routine, she loses it, and Jay has to fight to get her to take the bottle again. I'll be glad when we are past this little phase!
You know how every mother wishes an equally frustrating offspring for her own child? Well, Mom told me today "I guess I should be careful what I pray for!" Seriously...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home